“Good start” program. Applications open until the end of November

Applications for the “Good Start” (“Dobry Start”) program can be submitted only until November 30. Ukrainian refugee families staying in our country can also benefit from funding for school supplies. From this article you will learn who exactly this support option is available to and what the rules and requirements are for using the program.

dłonie trzymające słoik z monetami

PLN 300 subsidy – for whom?

Financial support under the “Good Start” program is available to parents or guardians of students:

  • up to 20 years old,
  • up to 24 years of age (in the case of a student with a disability).

Importantly, it can be used regardless of family income, and the money from the program is tax-free and not subject to enforcement, which means that it is safe from seizure by the bailiff. The procedure is simple – just complete the application and indicate the bank account to which the funds will be transferred.

Who can apply for financial support?

Applications for the benefit may be submitted by parents, actual or legal guardians of the child, students and people becoming independent. In the case of parents, if the child lives with both of them, the application should be submitted by one of them. If the child does not live with both parents, the application is submitted by the person who actually takes care of the child. In a situation of alternating care between both parents, each of them may submit an application. The benefit is also available to children in foster care and people becoming independent from this form of care, and applications may be submitted by foster families, people running children’s homes, and directors of care facilities.

How to submit an application?

Submitting an appropriate application is only possible electronically. There are several options:

To submit an application for the benefit, you will need basic personal information, bank account number, child’s details, information about the place of study, as well as documents confirming identity, such as the child’s birth certificate and a certificate of legal residence in Poland.

When will I receive the money?

The benefit will be paid within 2 months from the date of submitting the application together with the documents (the application must be submitted by the end of this month, by November 30). More information about the formalities can be found HERE.