Słońce – Słoneczna Przestrzeń Wsparcia – Zabłocie | Sunny Space of Support – Zabłocie
„Sunshine – Sunny Space of Support” is a facility aimed at implementing tasks in the field of prevention of children and adolescents. The tasks are carried out in cooperation between Ukrainian and Polish specialists. The assistance offered in them is free of charge and the maintenance costs are covered by a targeted grant from UNICEF. The project is dedicated to a group of Ukrainian children who have been traumatized by warfare in their place of residence and to Polish children who, through contact with refugees, have indirectly experienced the trauma of war.
During the ongoing armed conflict, children are the most affected group, whether they are victims, witnesses or colleagues of other children. The idea to help this group is to create a space staffed with specialists who speak the children’s native language, recipients of various forms of assistance.
The group of the support are children of preschool and school age, their families, teachers and intercultural assistants. Assistance is provided to children with adaptive, emotional, developmental problems, as well as special educational needs, and their caregivers.
Forms of assistance:
– Diagnosis of existing emotional and developmental difficulties.
– Therapeutic meetings adapted to the needs of children and their age and diagnosed difficulties.
– Preventive activities that develop children’s interests and involve them in local activities and events, allowing to prevent exclusion and progressive problems.
– Assistance in the form of consultations, individual meetings, group activities.
– Assistance workshops aimed at avoiding educational failure, preventing stress
post-traumatic stress and support in the implementation of compulsory schooling.
– Support groups for children to maintain social ties, as well as to learn ways to cope with
coping with adaptation in a new environment.
– Therapeutic classes in art therapy, support in the development of key competencies.
– Psychoeducational classes.
– Speech and language therapy.
– Classes to support normal psychomotor development.
Specialists employed at the Sunny Support Space are Ukrainian and Polish psychologists, psychotherapists, pedagogues, speech therapists, physiotherapists, counselors and other specialists, depending on the diagnosed needs and the specifics of the operation of each clinic. A detailed offer of activities will be constructed on the basis of diagnosing the needs of children reporting to Sunny Spaces of Support. Assistance is free of charge and voluntary.
Contact takes place by personal application, through telephone contact or e-mail. Information can be obtained through the Sunny Spaces of Support website, the counseling center’s website and profile on FB.
Category of aid
- Psychological Support
Country / Region:
- Lesser Poland province
Who is the help for?
- non governmental organization
- permanent operation
- Zabłocie 23, Kraków, Польща
- Set your route
- 8 March 2023
Give your feedback on Mapuj Pomoc by clicking here.