“Wolontariat 4 peron” Hostel
- I OFFER HELP
- Jana i Jędrzeja Śniadeckich 3
- informal group
- Temporary accommodation for Ukrainians / night shelters
- Rehina Mikhanchyk
- Adults 19-65
- Infants 0-3
- Preschoolers 4-6
- School children 7-18
- Pensioners 65+
- University students 19-24
- Lesser Poland province
- stationary in a single location
- Hygiene products (soap, diapers, personal hygiene)
- permanent operation
We are an independent group of volunteers helping refugees from Ukraine since February 27, 2022.
Our team created and operated the main shelter at the Krakow railway station, which received the influx of refugees in Poland. These difficult times have shaped our team of about 80 people.
Our group consists of very diverse people in terms of: age, profession, experience. However, we share a common goal, which is to help refugees from Ukraine. Most of the team speaks 3+ languages, which allows us not only to help people who have never been outside of Ukraine, but also to solve complex cases and cooperate with other volunteering initiatives across Europe.
• February-May – the first and main temporary shelter for refugees was opened and operated at the Krakow Railway Station.
• June – opening of a new shelter with 30 places in a 3-story building. With free comfortable temporary accommodation for refugees, including hot meals, kitchen, washing machine and showers.
• An office team was set up to assist with long-term housing, job search, keeping refugee information up to date, and solving complex cases.
• Deliveries of targeted humanitarian aid organized throughout Ukraine
• Our volunteer point has been operating since October 4, 2022 at 3 Śniadeckich Street in Krakow. During this time, thanks to the help of sponsors and volunteers, we provided temporary stay, food, necessary hygiene products and clothing to 192 war refugees from Ukraine. Most of them are women with children.
0-18 years – 69 people
18-50 years old – 78 people
50-90 years old – 45 people
Our Facebook page:
Our page on Instagram: